Wednesday, February 25, 2009

It's a Dress-tastrophe!

I made it out alive...
So, as I mentioned in my last post, I went up to Boston to visit my friend Courtney and attend the Running of the Brides to (maybe) get her dress. I took my flip camera with me to capture the event on video. I don't know how to edit and upload videos yet, but I do know how to use that "snap" button and here are some very blurry images (due to the hustle) from that morning!
Team Courtney, which consisted of Courtney... and me... and that's it, briskly walked through the doors about 1 minute and 12 seconds after they opened. There were still hundreds of people behind us on line and the racks were already empty. A manager-man yelled "Get back there, girls! There's over 3,000 gowns" so we went walking toward the back of the room.
On our way back there, I managed to capture this chick climbing on top of a bin. That ain't a jungle gym, woman!
When Team Courtney reached the back of the room, we noticed a lot of this (above). See that girl in the blue shirt casually throwing her entire body on a HUGE pile of dresses. It appeared that every gown had been "claimed" and the doors weren't even open 2 minutes.
Here is a snapshot of the sleeve of my coat. This happened a lot while filming. Some people ask me "Hey Jamie, how do you maintain such long, beautiful nails while being an artist?" Here is my answer: I don't bite them.
Bride-to-be mayhem!
Get those gowns off the floor, ladies!

Team Courtney was unsuccessful in acquiring a gown at the Running of the Brides, but it was one of the most entertaining events I've ever attended. I've never seen so many serious women, so determined. It felt a bit like watching a National Geographic Wildlife video, but instead of lions preying on gazelle, there were women preying on dresses.

Anyways, after that Team Courtney drove out to Portsmouth, New Hampshire to visit a different Bridal Gown store and...
see "Cute Show" at Ello Gallery. I wish I had more pictures, but for some reason all the ones I took inside came out blurry. It was a very cute space and I enjoyed seeing the show!
As a "thank you" for being an awesome teammate on the gown-hunt, Courtney bought me this little notebook by Argyle Whale from Ello Gallery. It's frickin' adorable and the perfect size to carry in my bag!

In other news...
I have a new ACEO available on ebay! The auction for "Purrfect Sundae" will end on Tuesday.
and new limited edition "Gangsta" prints are now available in my etsy shop!
More soon!
Thanks for stopping by!
:o)

4 Comments:

Blogger Elise of Argyle Whale said...

Oh neat! I'm so glad you have my little notebook :) Your work looked super in the show and I'm so glad to have been in the cute show with Noosed Kitty originals!

11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW the running of the brides must of been pretty exiting and crazy at the same time, glad you survived.

1:47 AM  
Blogger Rachel Elizabeth said...

The gangsta dog is so cute!

10:53 AM  
Blogger snippetgirl said...

Your illustrations are fantastic!! Gangsta Boston is about the cutest thing ever! I love happening upon amazing artists...

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home